Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Start at the very beginning...

I just want to begin by saying that I got suckered into this by my mother. I've heard about blogs, I've read blogs but I never had any desire to have a blog of my very own. I have serious doubts about whether or not I will have interesting things to say on a regular basis but I also doubt that anyone besides my very own mother will read it. So I guess it doesn't really matter. =) But she guilted me into it by suggesting that I make it to keep track of the cute things my adorable son does on a regular basis and since my son is SO adorable and does cute things like every HOUR (at least) I thought she might have a good point. So here it is! My very own blog. It's actually kind of cool to think that the whole world (if it so desired) could read about me and my life right here. I guess I better give you the basics just in case anyone besides my mom does actually find their way here. My name is Bianca. I'm 28 years old. I live in Atlanta, GA. I was raised in Sebring, FL and left there almost 10 years ago (*gasp* I'm getting old...). I work as a Microbiologist (hence the 'Micro' in 'Micro Mamma') for a university in Atlanta. I won't tell you what I work with because you'll just be disgusted. Suffice it to say that it is sorta gross and you probably don't want to have what I'm studying. Ever. I'm married to my very own Handsome Prince (funny story about that later) named Sean. We have the cutest kid ever (sorry all you other moms, but it's true) named Blayne. He's 20 months old now and makes me laugh all the time. He's learning new words every few minutes or so (at least it seems that way) and he is so much fun all the time! We also have our first "son," a miniature dachshund named Pete' who is about 15 years old now and acts exactly like a crotchety old man. But I love him! I have two brothers, one 7 years older than me and one 10 years younger. So even though it doesn't really count cause we were so far apart, I play the middle child card as often as possible. My big bro Michael lives just up the road from me (only 15 min away - in Atlanta that's practically like being next door neighbors!) with his wife Amy and their adorable kids Ethan, Hannah, Natalie and Ely. And my little bro (who is currently a head taller than me) just graduated from high school!! Woo Hoo!! Let's see here, what else do you need to know about me... oh geez, I should've put this first probably but God is pretty high on my list of things that are important to me. Like right at the top. I go to an AWESOME church in Atlanta led by Andy Stanley (seriously, if you're ever in Atlanta, go to Buckhead Church!) and I've met some great people there. I spent a lot of years trying to act like God wasn't really that important to me and I definitely regret all that wasted time. But He finally got my attention back where it belongs - on Him - and I'm so grateful that He didn't give up on me. I still have lots to learn and I know I don't know much yet but I think the most important thing about a person is whether or not they know Jesus. And once you know Him, I mean the real Him, not necessarily the one that some of the TV preachers talk about, it's hard to go on acting like He doesn't exist and pretending like He doesn't love you like crazy. 'Cause He does. Just so you know. So what else makes me me?? I guess part of it would be that I grew up in a small town with a lot of family around. Growing up, my cousins and I were more like brothers and sisters. We spent crazy amounts of time together and still make it a point to get together as often as possible (especially for our Cousin's Christmas Party!!). Oh and I supposed my padres had something to do with how I turned out. My Dad is awesome, he's totally the strong silent type but being the only girl, I pretty much had him wrapped around my finger (love ya Dad!). He used to take me hunting and fishing and is responsible for my tomboyish, outdoor tendencies. Because of him, I know the names of lots of birds and fish and how to call a turkey and hook a worm and to tie a slipknot (plus a million other things I won't mention here). And I love him for it! My mom... well... she's uh... kinda crazy (but in a good way!) and as much as it pains me to say this #1) she's one of my best friends and #2) I'm totally turning into her!!! I don't know how it happened actually. It seems like one day a few years ago I found myself saying things that she would say and doing things that she would do. You have to be a daughter to understand the amount of fear that this will inspire. I mean, I love my mom, but to turn into her?!? That's taking things a bit too far. But it's happened and it's as if I have no control. The older I get the more I notice it. And the whole bff thing - when did that happen?? Do you know how many years I spent trying to avoid conversations with this woman?? Now I call her once at day (at least!) and I actually miss her if we go more than a day or two without talking. Furthermore, the thought of hanging out with her (like face to face) isn't a scary thought! It's a great one!! We've always talked about taking a long vacation together, just the two of us, and I actually can't wait for that to happen!! Crazy, I know.

So I guess that turned into a rather long first post (and I was worried about running out of things to say!) so I'll sign off for now. Next time, I'll talk about my kid more - since that was the whole point!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Yahoo! My baby girl has finally entered the world of blog! I can't wait to keep up with you and your family through Micro Mamma (love it!). Love you LOTS! Ma