Thursday, June 12, 2008

About Me, Part Deux

So I haven't even been a blogger for a day yet and I'm already getting complaints. Complaint #1 was logged by my husband who wanted to know why I didn't say more about him. And complaint #2 came from my mother who wanted to hear more about Blayne. And she wants pictures of him too. So here goes!


More about my hubby: Sean and I met while working at Harvest Restaurant almost 5 1/2 years ago. I was actually dating someone at the time (eek!) but he won me over quickly. I think the first thing that attracted me to him was his adorable smile. And his awesome green eyes. We met a few weeks after Thanksgiving and by Christmas we were an item!! After dating for a year and a half, we got married in Sebring on May 21, 2005.Sean is my best friend and the first person that I want to tell things to and making him smile and laugh is one of my biggest goals in life. He's seen me at my worst and loves me anyways and for that I am eternally thankful and grateful. Oh and here's the funny Handsome Prince story - a few months ago we were having dinner at my brother's house and talking about princes and princesses and then Amy said something about how Sean was my Handsome Prince. And my 4 year old niece Hannah said (in a tone of complete disbelief), "That's your Handsome Prince?!?!?!?" while staring at Sean in utter shock and a bit of concern. After we all composed ourselves, I assured her that yes, he was indeed my very own Handsome Prince. =)


Then about 9 months after we got married, we found out we were preggers! Blayne was born on November 2, 2006. It was not really part of our plan to have kids so quickly but our lives have changed 1000x for the better since Blayne got here. Our first few weeks with him were a little tough, he was diagnosed with Hirschsprung's Disease when he was only a week old and had to have major surgery when he was 8 days old. I look back at pictures of him and of us in the hospital and I just can't believe how tiny he was when he went through all that. And when I see little week old babies, I can't help but remember all that Blayne had to go through when he was so young. Although actually, he handled the whole thing better than I did. I pretty much cried for the first week and a half straight and he was so brave. He has had to have a couple minor follow up visits and procedures but for the most part he is CURED!! Yay! You'd never know that he was so sick or that the Drs were worried that they might not be able to "fix" him. He's absolutely perfect!! Not to mention that he's so stinkin' adorable. Here's a recent pic so you can see for yourself. Some of his favorite things are flags, balloons, and SpongeBob SquarePants (he sings the song all the time and asks to watch it first thing in the morning). I'm not sure what the deal with flags is... even when he was much littler he used to like them. He'd point them out in the car and that was probably one of his first words. It sounds more like "fllllaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh" though. Obviously he likes sea shells too. We just got back from a week at the beach and he had a great time. Except for the whole getting sunburned thing. I know what you're thinking but it really wasn't like I was a slacker mom or anything, I put spf70 all over him (70! I didn't even know they made that!!) and he still got burned AND we were only out for like and hour and a half. He's just rather pale. Pasty some would say but I prefer to think of him as a fair skinned, blue-eyed, red(ish) haired Irish Boy. He talks ALL THE TIME, is learning words like crazy and it seems like he says something new every day. My favorite new phrase is "iluhyoo!" He knows the names of all sorts of things and he (finally) knows Mama!! For the longest time he would say everyone elses name (including the dog's - Teetsie) but no Mama. He's got it now though. That's probably one of my favorite things, when I walk through the door and he sees me and he starts smiling and says "Mama!"

No comments: