Monday, May 9, 2011

A Turtle named Diego

Way back when I first found out I was pregnant and we told Blayne, he had sort of a funny reaction. Anytime we would pray about the baby or talk about the baby or anything he would then remind us about the baby in HIS belly. A baby turtle to be exact. And because he is so stinking cute and him praying for his baby was so stinking cute, we went along with it. So for most of the nine months that I was pregnant with Sawyer, we were also praying for this non-existent baby turtle. When I listened to the baby's heartbeat, we would also listen for the turtle's heartbeat (which was located suspiciously close to Blayne's heart). And when I got big enough to feel Sawyer moving around, Blayne could feel his turtle moving around too. It was adorable!! However, we had one rather large problem. There was no turtle. I sorta joked all along that we would have to come home from the hospital with a baby and a baby turtle and then explain to Blayne that we got his there too. Anyhoo, the Tuesday before Sawyer was born, we let Tolkie out one morning and she was acting kinda funny in the backyard.... so I told Blayne to go check on her and see what she found. And, you'll never believe this, but it was... A BABY TURTLE!! Tolkie was attempting to eat it and we saved it. But it was the cutest little baby turtle!! Isn't God cool?!?!? I mean, really. He didn't have to give us a baby turtle, but he did. And he didn't do it for me but for Blayne. We figured that the baby turtle probably came out of Blayne's belly (through his belly button) sometime in the night and then got outside. And Tolkie found it the next morning. Makes sense, right?? =) Here he is, with his little turtle named Diego.

People scoffed when he would tell them he had a turtle in his belly (and rightly so) but here is the proof!!
I dunno why he looks so scared....
This shot is just because I love his outfit. Shorts and cowboy boots - a little boys uniform.
Teaching Diego to swim
Aren't they just so cute!?!? And isn't God so good, to give us a baby turtle the SAME STINKING WEEK that he gave us a wonderful baby boy. Man he must love us.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You should be a writer besides a full time mommy. I love you.