Friday, March 13, 2009

Fun Stuff

So Blayne and I have been having a blast since we moved down here! Here are a few of the things we've done...

We went to Henscratch Winery to feed the chickens and pick some strawberries. We ended up having to pick tomatoes and peppers instead cause the strawberries got messed up by the cold snap (and by cold snap I mean a few nights of 40ish degree weather) but that was fine cause I made some salsa with my fresh veggies which turned out to be really stinking good. =) But I digress... here are some pics!

Picking tomatoes... and then throwing them at the chickens. In his defense, I think he was trying to feed the chickens.Seriously, look at this guy!! His "hair" is ridiculous. All the other chickens probably make fun of him. Or her. That 'do is out of control.

We also went out to the Hammock one day with Kerri and Brody (Blayne calls him Bro-day with a HUGE southern accent!) and then went on the catwalk. It was the first time in a long time that I have actually seen any animals out there - have a look!

Blayne on the playgroundCrikey, he's a monster!! Easily 8 ft. Blayne likes this pic because the gator has a leaf on it's nose and that just cracks him up.
Kurckles too!! Well just the one turtle actually but there was another one swimming around in the water close by.
And this beast - we were leaving, driving down the main road and he just ran across the road right in front of the truck in front of me! And then stopped and just hung out in the bushes. Yeesh. I was glad to be surrounded by two tons of steel - imagine riding your bike past that thing! I thought about stopping to tell the rangers that there was a gator just off the road but then imagined the looks on their faces... "Oh reeeeeaaaaaaallly. An alligator huh? In the swamp?? Unheard of. We'll get right on that." so I just drove on home instead. =)

1 comment:

Spencer Girl said...

Thank you very much for the updates and great pictures. But, I could have done without the story about the gator running across the road and the picture to illustrate just how big it was. . .I am now officially scared of going to the Hammock now!